Friday, April 30, 2010

pronounced oh mee mee


Information
Omemee, Ont.


Pronounced oh mee mee, that's right; Neil Young lived at 33 King, liked to fish with a hook on the end of a string, got a farm in Cavan now; Lady Eaton did something here too, grew up? spent the summers?, yeah, her family's house is a coffee shop; Legion's the only place to get a drink, and only when they do a supper, gotta buy a supper ticket, five bucks or seven bucks, then you can buy a beer for extra, no place else to get a drink except the LCBO, ha!, that's the truth; had a rock concert here last night, Coronation Hall, remember Mainline?, that guy; you gotta see the Rock and Roll Museum, everybody says it's great what's it doing in Omemee everybody says, lotta Neil Young stuff and other stuff; yeah, we moved from the 'burbs, terrible neighours, got fifteen acres now; excuse me a minute, hello? I don't know, ask your dad, I don't know, I'm busy, ask your dad, sorry about that; Ruby's got the best cheesecake, won't sell the recipe, some guy came in from the city, some company, she didn't care, said no way is she gonna sell it no matter the money, gotta call ahead, goes fast; daughter engaged last night, guy came in all nervous and said I'd like to marry Ashley, oh and I forgot to tell you, my son had his baby today, so whaddya think, when's that rain's supposed to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment