Sunday, April 4, 2010

open the door

Judy Collins
Hugh's Room, Toronto
April 1st, 2010


Open the door, glad to see you; clouds, another show, don’t let them know, give and take; a million poppies laid, grateful prayers prayed; pockets full of sand, no place to go; Southern Colorado, when he comes to call; take that away; won the heart of the lady; hurry home; in the merry month of May, a young man, my true love you’re dying, mother, mother, I’ll die for him tomorrow; stole him from the misty mountains, thirteen shelves of drugs won’t heal him; the colours of my father’s dreams, boating on the Seine I’d learn to dance; homeless men in the cold, big city blue where dreams can’t go wrong, mountain girl; Marrika; children like your own; eyes bluer in the Midwest, cufflinks, diamonds, a legend, vagabond vague, loved you already; with a voice as soft as thunder, I dream; young girls, will they ever learn; go to war, my ribbon in a box, doin’ fine, brave and free; just when you mean to tell her, lonely wooden tower, sailors, his mind; never sang to one man before a million times, lilies and lakes; you in mid-air, next year; rainbow highway, skies dare to dream, lemon drops find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment