Wednesday, March 24, 2010

looking at you makes me think

Phyllis' apartment
pre dinner comments
March 23, 5:20 - 5:25 p.m.

Looking at you makes me think: how old am I if this is my daughter?? Where are my cigarettes? It's not nice outside today, grey. Too bad dad's not sitting here, I'd like to look at him. I hope he's got somebody else, he must have or he'd come get me; he doesn't like to be alone. Why am I still here? Why am I so down, so tired? I used to be somebody, I used to tell people what to do; just ask Phyllis they'd say, she knows everything; now I don't know what day it is, I don't know anything. Is it 5:30 yet? When is supper? Did I eat already? Dad shouldn't have died. I'm nobody now. Don't comb my hair so rough, it's like you're peeling potatoes. How would you like it?

1 comment: